Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rallying

Day 3 of my blog-every-day-for-a-month challenge and I almost forfeited!

After a long & stressful day, drinks with coworkers and zoning in front of the TV for an hour, I almost kept my computer shut and called it a day.

But then I remembered how important this little exercise is to me- to really & truly blog for a month straight- and I rallied.

So, here we are. :)

I guess it goes to show that every blog post doesn't have to be a well-thought-out work of art. In fact, sometimes it's a bit more impromptu. And whether it's something that takes time to draft- like tomorrow's post, for instance- or something that's short & to the point, it all counts. Writing is writing, no matter what. Putting thoughts into words, honing writing skills, laying our thoughts out there- that's what makes us writers and bloggers, and that's what counts.

 I wanted to pass on the blogging for the day, but I'm so glad I didn't. Because even when it seems like an item on my to-do list or even something I'm not altogether looking forward to- it's like exercising: we do it to stay in shape, to get better.

A perfect teaser for tomorrow's post, in fact. :)

1 comment:

  1. Visiting from Kelly's Korner and loving your blog! I just completed a 31 posts in 31 days personal challenge in October and feel your pain. LOVED it on the good days but had to push through a few others. Keep it up - I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...