Monday, November 28, 2011

Momentum

Do you ever feel like if you sit down... you just won't get back up? At least for several hours, if not an entire day?

I had one of those days today. Not because it was a bad day; it was actually a surprisingly nice post-Thanksgiving back-to-work day.

But I arrived at work at 6:15am... and never stopped. Until about an hour and a half ago, when I crashed on my couch.

In all honesty- it was really a struggle to get up and locate my laptop in the kitchen to write this post.

Here's the rundown:

*Early work (in the studio by 6:15am)
*Produce all morning
*Doctor's appointment
*7-mile bike ride
*Grocery store
*Turkey Tacos for dinner (because defrosting turkey later in the week is too much effort; fresh from the store is better.)

It makes me think a bit about momentum. How we can be rolling along through a day- or even a season- of life, going going going, without taking a breather. And then you sit down... and the air whooshes out of you like a balloon and you're down for the count.

Lately, I've been reminding myself to appreciate each day for what it is. For who I am, today. For the friendships I have at this moment. For the job I have, for health, for safety. There have been times I get so caught up in the future that I forget to just enjoy the now.

So even though there are days we need momentum to keep us going (seriously, I took a brief nap in the shower earlier) I always want to remember to stop and appreciate the day. Big and small moments. Good and bad things. Momentum can only carry us so far before we become immune to life's best and worst moments. They all need to be absorbed. Days, moments, seconds always need to be reflected on.

If that time of reflection happens over a mid-morning cup of coffee... or a bike ride... or in the shower... or during an hour or two curled up on the couch, momentum at a complete standstill... all the better.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! I have been working on being in the moment for a long time and am getting better about it, especially since I had Rebecca, but I am such a planner so it can be hard sometimes. Thanks for being my reminder today to be in the moment. Love you friend....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...