Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Seasons of Love

The title of this post is dedicated to all of my musical theater geeks out there! (My sister included.)

Seasons of Love. I think that totally sums up 2010.

Just a few days ago, my best friend had a beautiful baby girl. I remember the day two years ago she had her first baby, her son, and the look that was on her face. She had the same look on Monday, of just pure, unfiltered love.

I have known Heather for 8 years now, and I have only seen that look twice, ever. One for each baby. It literally makes my chest hurt, it's such a magical thing.

It's such a huge joy for me to watch people in my life in various seasons of love. I watched another best friend of mine get married this summer, and I get the same feeling thinking of how honored I was to watch her dreams come true as she married the man of her dreams.

Seasons of Love. I have learned so, so much about love this year. Watching Heather as a mom, Leah as a bride. Watching dreams come true.

And watching some dreams fall apart. Even through grief and heartache, I learned what love is, what love should be.

Someday, I'll be the bride saying my vows. I'll be the new mom, with that magic glow.

Today, I'm ok seeing what my next season of love will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...