Sunday, November 28, 2010

Facing Reality... and Getting More Sleep

I've had an interesting set of emotions lately.

I feel overwhelmingly blessed and thankful and happy, almost to the point where I could sing from the rooftops or cry tears of joy at any given moment.

I feel free. Of anxiety, of worry, of sleeplessness. The things that plagued me for months in the Spring and Summer are gone. Fall and Winter have brought peace and comfort, and newness.

And sleep, thank goodness.

But with that freedom comes an awareness that I guess it's time to face. Feelings and emotions I swept under the rug are coming out. I'm strong enough now to look reality in the face and remember things I would rather not.

But, I have to. It's all part of it, right?

It makes me realize how much stronger I am, how much happier and honest with myself I am.

And that is a very good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog really follows what I'm finding to be valuable as you mentioned about facing up to certain things and that's what life is all about. The tough work is definitely worth doing but wonder if at times it would be better to have an accountability small group or partner so that the hard work done can be fully integrated into new behavior and values.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...