Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Resolutions, Day 11: Writing History

Happy Tuesday everyone! Is it a short week for you guys, too? Believe me, I don't take these short weeks/short days for granted. It is SO nice to have a refreshing break from work.

For the past four months, we have been broadcasting auctions month-round, for up to 12 hours a day. I desperately need this down time!

And the best part is- we don't start our broadcasts up again until January 17th! I will be very busy until then, no doubt, but I will work "normal" hours.

Plenty of time to tick a few items off of the ol' New Years resolutions list!

I'm sorry I reiterate this daily- but in case this is your first stop at Lindsay's Lounge... I started blogging my New Year's resolutions a couple of weeks ago. And by this Saturday, January 1st 2011, I will have 15 resolutions for 2011 blogged and ready to put into action.

We're down to the final 5! So, here we go, resolution #11:

Take a local writing course and an Oklahoma history course.

A couple of summers ago, I took a 4 week writing class that I loved. Sometimes it's just nice to be around other writers, see what people are working on and how they get their start. But lately, I've started to think I wouldn't mind taking an abbreviated Oklahoma history class.

Technically, this is my 9th year to live in Oklahoma (including college.) I've always loved history, so I think it would be fun to learn a bit more about my state.

Maybe I can just pop in to a 4th grade history class. Isn't that the grade you learn state history?

So, there you go! An edumacation resolution. We all could use a little learning throughout the year.

Apparently, so could my grammar.

Just four more resolutions until 2011! Do you have a couple of your own in mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...