Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolutions, Day 14: "Play The Movie Forward"

Happy New Year's Eve!

I hope you have all had a fabulous final day of 2010. I went for a walk today before a big cold front blew through, and I've had a glamorous day of battling traffic to get to the grocery store, working on my cashflow spreadsheet for January and watching TV.

In just a few hours, I'm going to make Pioneer Woman's black-eyed pea dip and head to a friends house... dinner reservations at 9:45p... then I plan on spending the evening right here in my own neighborhood, celebrating the end of 2010!

So before things get hectic (and I've had a glass-or two- of champagne) I wanted to post resolution #14. Wow... 14 of 15 resolutions! It seemed like such a daunting series 14 days ago when I had the brainstorm to post a resolution every day until New Year's Day. But I'm so glad I did; I've done a lot of reflecting on my life the past year, and what I would love to see happen in 2011.

Of course, I write these resolutions with the full acceptance that sometimes God has other plans in store for me. I may not do everything on this list, or even half of it- but that leads me to resolution #14:

Play the movie forward.


This resolution actually comes from Sheila Walsh. I have read many of Sheila's devotionals this year, and she posted on her own blog just yesterday on this concept. (Read here!)


In sum, it's pretty straightforward: play the movie of your life forward, and where do you want to be six months, a year from today? What are you doing today to get there?

As you can see from my 14 previous posts- I hope my "movie" includes a closer relationship with God. Travel and adventure. Time with family and friends. Spending energy on things that challenge me, especially local things I can invest in. Make good choices with my money, with my health. Continue to learn, experience, celebrate, grow, grow, grow.

And, I haven't lost the hope that my movie takes me through several dates (hey, i'm being optimistic here!) with wonderful guys before I meet him. Another kitten, possibly. And I bet a few things I can't even fathom today, Friday, December 31st of 2010.

But regardless, I am going to play the movie forward. I'm going to live out the passions God has placed on my heart, and live in the now. And if a few curve balls are thrown my way, so be it. And if my future husband walks into my life in 2011, so be it. And if circumstances allow me to travel only as far as the state border this year, so be it. (But I hope I make it a bit farther out than that!)

I have many resolutions for 2011, but above all I have faith and hope and excitement.

Sounds like a movie worth watching, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...