Saturday, December 11, 2010

The End of 2010

Four months ago, I would have never said the end of 2010 would be my favorite part of the year.

I can't believe how many wonderful blessings that have happened in just a short amount of time. And, a time when I was expecting nothing but heartache came some of the greatest joy!

Maybe it's because coming out of a big pile of heartache- all of the joyful moments seem that much sweeter. The good is that much better.

I had my review at work yesterday, and I kept thinking about my "life" review; how I would score in the different areas of my life. Physical, spiritual. Emotional.

I have learned so much about myself this year, grown so much. And I am so thankful for every second of it.

There are still things I would take back in a heartbeat. I walk through the back door every night and think of how much I wish Toby were running to the door to greet me. That has probably been the single biggest traumatic moment of my year, and I imagine will be one of the great ones of my life.

I read somewhere that a person isn't fully formed unless they have had two "significant emotional experiences." I'm not sure if that's true or not, but it's nice to think that these emotional experiences shape us and grow us into the person we are meant to be. A better, stronger version of ourselves.

As 2010 comes to a close, I am reflecting a lot on this past year and the good and the bad. But I feel like my "new beginning" already happened this year. And, I already like the way 2011 is shaping up.

So, that's where I'm at these days. My greatest prayer and hope for 2011 is that the growth continues.

Sometimes you pick your New Year's resolutions, and sometimes... they pick you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...