Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lindsay Lately

I'm reading this great book by Sheila Walsh right now called "The Heartache No One Sees."

I know, the title sounds a bit intimidating- but it's actually such a refreshing read. Don't get me wrong, it's very deep. And it's making me really take a good long look at my current heartache.

I'm only a few chapters in- and so far, I've been challenged to come face to face with my heartache, struggle with my own doubts and insecurities, and best of all- accept healing.

Isn't that an amazing concept?! I think so. I think it's easy to let things snowball. When life falls apart, to let it all collect into this giant heap of bitterness, and "why me."

I'm choosing the hard road- to accept healing. And, we all know who the ultimate healer is.

So, here's how I'm healing. I'm working hard. I'm remembering the joy. I'm running. I'm making time for daily "quiet time." I'm making dates with friends here in Tulsa. I'm house hunting. I'm praying. I'm planning a trip to see my family & friends in Plano. And, I'm dreaming up a few big things that I put on the back burner, for whatever reason.

So, that's Lindsay Lately. Now, I'm off to get a pedicure.

I mean, who said healing has to be completely painful? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...