Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Broken Pieces

I'm having a hard time focusing at work today.  It seems like everything has just fallen away in importance since my little guy got sick.

I know that probably seems dramatic... even a little unhealthy.  But, it's the truth.  Work is hard, smiling is hard, finding hope is hard.

But, I was reminded by Jeremy Camp in the car that "in brokenness I can see that this was your will for me... to help me to know, that you are near."

I know that in our most broken moments, even when we're angry and sad and fearful, that we must turn to our faith.  I know that.  I know that.

I'm trying to live that, too.  But... it's hard.

My apartment is too quiet.  My thoughts are too loud.  Sleep has left me, it seems permanently. My heart has broken and mended and re-broken too many times to count in the last 3 days.  I'm sad, and hopeful again, and sad. 

"In brokenness I can see, that this was your will for me."

Ok... time to pick the broken pieces back up... again.  Maybe they will stay put together this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...