Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Healing

I hope everyone doesn't just hate my blog these days. I promise I will try to incorporate fun, happy & light-hearted things again... someday! :) I mean, I did just put up my fantastic "VIP Lounge" button last week.

But right now, this blog is serving as my therapist. So, hang in there.

I'm happy to report... you were all right. Time (and a LOT of prayer) really does heal all wounds, and I feel like I'm not as raw right now. I think that counts as healing.

But, I'm dealing with two very different kinds of grief right now, and that's where it gets tricky.

I'm grieving the loss of my Toby. Death, sudden and final.

And I'm grieving the loss of a relationship, of a best friend. Hurt, sadness.

Either way, I'm left with an aching heart.

I wake up, and have some quiet time, and I'm ready for the day. I get to work, and I have responsibilities and meetings and work.

But when I come home... the walls I've carefully put up all day, the facade of strength crumbles a bit. There's no one to see me cry, no one who's depending on me. So, evenings are hard. Going to bed is hard.

But, the healing has started. So, thanks for the prayers, the cards, the texts, the emails, the facebook messages, the tweets, the blog posts. (Wow, can we say social media addict?!)

Every single one makes me feel so loved, and so blessed.

Now, if I could only make the clock speed up a bit between the hours of 8pm and midnight. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you need beer shots this weekend! Just dont call me again :)

    PS-im gonna start commenting on all your posts from here on out..GET EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well thanks, seester! :) I just started officially following your blog, so you need to start posting more often!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...