Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Reading

I read all year round.  Whether it's while laying out on the dock by the lake, or snuggled up on the couch during a snowstorm... I just love a good page-turner.

I'm especially excited to see so many fantastic books being made into movies.  It's a great way to encourage people to read more.

Some of my favorite books-turned-movies include the Twilight series (duh) and the Time Travelers Wife.

Here are a few books I want to read before the movies come out....




I've heard "Something Borrowed" is a great little series, and I think I'll buy it for some light-hearted reading by the pool.

I don't know much about this book, but I've picked it up twice at Target before putting it back.  I keep getting drawn back to it!  It's about a journalist who looks into the disappearance of a young girl.  Sounds intense- a good lake read.

This is another book I've picked up multiple times, but have never bought.  Now that Rob Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon are tied to the movie (which, obviously I will see!) I figure I should go ahead and read the book.

And finally, this little odd book: "Important Artifacts and Personal Property from the Collection of Lenore Doolan and Harold Morris, Including Books, Street Fashion, and Jewelry."

Yes, that is actually the title of the book!

Every now and then, I like a really weird, interesting book.  (See: The Alchemist, The Thirteenth Tale.)  The book is in the form of an auction catalog full of items of a couple who is divorcing.  As we're introduced to the items, we learn more about the beginning... and the end... of the couple.

This caught my eye since I work at an auction company and at any time have a stack of catalogs at my fingertips.

What books are on your summer reading list?


3 comments:

  1. I liked Something Borrowed, I loved Something Blue! They are great fun reads! And different from other fun girly novels. Water for Elephants is amazing! Read immediately! I have not read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, not sure if I could get into that one or not but if you read it let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, good to know! I think I'm going to go buy Water For Elephants tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also highly recommend the Something Borrowed series! Perfect summer reading! There's a third one, too, called Baby Proof! Water for Elephants is also excellent! I started it once, made it a chapter and then put it down for a year... but was so glad when I picked it up again to finish! And they are making a movie of it?? Who knew?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...