Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Dad





Every little girl deserves a great daddy in her life. One who will watch "The Wizard of Oz" over and over, who will play "funny show" in the backyard, who will take her to daddy/daughter dances and buy her first corsage.






Every teenage girl deserves a great daddy in her life. One who embarasses her by walking with a bum leg through the grocery store and sings in front of her crushes. One who changes light bulbs on the stairway when you happen to be right up the stairs watching a movie with your new boyfriend. One who doesn't murder you when you wreck your new car after a month. :)






Every young woman deserves a great daddy in her life. One who moves her into the dorms, into the sorority house, into her first apartment. One who bails her out of a sticky money situation or two. One who drinks a beer with the man his little girl loves. Who teaches her what it means to be a hardworker, to be independent, to be courageous.






Dad- you are my hero. In every stage of life, you have been there for me. You work so hard and make us all so proud- and make all of us want to work hard, too. But more importantly, you play and you have fun and you love, and you have taught all of us to do the same.






I am so blessed today that God gave me you as a dad. I can't be there to celebrate with you today, but I'm thinking of you- and I love you SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...