Sunday, October 16, 2011

Lounge Links

I'd like to try something new on Sundays- "Lounge Links."  I think it's a great way to sum up things that inspired me in a given week- from what I'm reading and cooking to drinking and thinking. That way, I can look back a month or year from now and see what I thought was relevant. Who knows- maybe you'll find a new favorite author or blog out of it!

So, here we go.

I loved this article on finding peace in turbulent times by Michael Hyatt this week. Actually- I read this a few weeks ago and saved it, and finally blogged about it yesterday.  It's nice to be reminded that finding peace doesn't mean changing our zip code or our relationship status on Facebook. It's so much more than that.

This year was a semi-hiatus from shower planning for me; last year and the year before... and the year before... I was planning bridal showers and baby showers left and right! One of my best friends recently got engaged and the shower planning is once again underway! (Finally, the VIP button will get used again!)  I wish I could find a blog like Bump Smitten for wedding showers. Bump Smitten is SUCH an incredible source for baby shower planning- certainly a go-to from now on.

One of my freelance projects is picking up steam. I'm producing a pilot- and eventually, TV series- for a guy who owns his own tile & stone company in Tulsa, OK. The show is Do-It-Yourself meets Reality TV and has been a year in the making. Our premiere is January- more to come, of course! In the meantime, follow True Blue on Facebook & Twitter for updates- managed by yours truly. :)

What are you reading? I finished some great books the past few weeks... and I think I desperately need to buy this. I'm terrible at editing.

But I can't WAIT for the Cupcakes and Cashmere book... Joy the Baker's Cookbook (which comes out on my birthday, ahem)... and already out, the Design Sponge Book. Hello Christmas present? :)

Whew. So there you have it. Links that inspire me, entertain me and keep me busy!

Can't wait to see what catches my eye this week!

What has inspired you lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...