Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Long Weekends

A few weeks ago, I looked at my employee account at work and realized I had 22 vacation days to use... or lose... by the year's end.

Um, wow! And yikes?!

So I set out taking 3 day weekends. This weekend will mark my third 3-day weekend in a row! 

So, 3 days down... 19 to go?

I guess I have a few more long weekends coming in November, too!

I'm loving this time off. I get so wrapped up in my work and in life in general- and it's so refreshing, relaxing, restful to just have 3 whole days to run errands. Or sit on the couch and do nothing. Or take lots of naps. My favorite is going to Starbucks Friday morning- at 9:30 or 10, after I've slept in, of course- when I should be at work.

But I'm not.  I'm at Starbucks with no where to go. Such a rebel.

This long weekend will be the last for a few weeks. And a crazy few weeks it will be until my next long weekend. I will be working non-stop... including Saturdays & Sundays.

So I really need to make this one count.



I think I'll go back to River City and claim this bench I saw last weekend.


And maybe I'll make this apple cinnamon coffee cake Friday morning. At 10am, of course, when I have that sneaky feeling of skipping class.

Ah, long weekends. What's your favorite way to unwind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...