Monday, August 29, 2011

Crank Up The Volume

Today was a cranky Monday.

Oh, you know you have them, too!

One of those days where the second I got out of bed- everything was exhasperating. The dog barking at me on my run. Like, attack dog barking at me.  Taking a shower. Ugh, do I really have to wash my hair again?!  My to-do list at work. Check. Check. Check, again. My to-do list after work. Still waiting for that trash fairy to come.

But- the best part of my day is playing with my little Maizy girl. And soaking in the quiet of my house- because I needed it tonight more than ever.

Some days, you just need to be alone with your thoughts.


 I think that's why I've really enjoyed the swimming portion of the triathlon training I've done the past month.  No crowded trails to contend with, no ipod music to fill the void.  Just silence, breathing in and out, being perfectly in tune with my body.

Oh, look!  The compete opposite of zen, peace, silence & being in tune with my body- my nemesis, bike riding.

Biking right now exhausts me; it wears me out. Every night I find myself with a heating pad or ice pack on another body part buckling under the intensity of pedaling miles on end.

If swimming = peace and silence...

Biking = a rock concert.  A noisy, obnoxious rock concert.

But I will keep biking, mark my words.

Because as great- as necessary - as a silent, peaceful day can be...

Life's no fun without a little noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...