Sunday, August 28, 2011

Another Week In The Life

Ah, weekends.

A time to relax, do chores, catch up on all of the life we put on hold during the week.

And a time to go have drinks with friends at the bar to celebrate a long month of work!

Even dad made an appearance!  He was in Tulsa to do some projects around my house this weekend.  It's always fun to combine my worlds- my coworkers and family. In fact, most of the time- this little group is family to me!  Fun times had by all.

I'm sure when I look back on my 20's, I'll remember these kinds of weekends- where I get to hang out with my dad and drink with friends, then lay on the couch for hours on end with nothing more pressing than a bike ride or run calling my name.

I'm starting to think about that a lot- since I'm in my "late 20's." Things I want to do before I'm 30- but mostly, just reflecting on what my 20's have been- and are- all about. 

It's so rewarding- and humbling- to look around at the little life I've built, that everyone in my life has shaped, that God has blessed me with. From graduating college to seeing the world with new eyes while traveling abroad, to starting- and continuing to shape- my career, to falling in love and heartbreak. Buying my first home, making tough decisions, being responsible for everything from paying bills to cleaning the litter box. 

Yeah, my 20's have been good. Weekends like this one remind me just how good.  And it's so incredible that God knows me better than I could ever know myself- and I've had just the right amount of ups and downs to make me appreciate every bit of it!

So here's to just another regular, average, nothing-but-average week in my 20's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...