Sunday, February 6, 2011

Where the Green Grass Grows

Happy Sunday, friends! I hope everyone had a restful weekend. I had high hopes to try out a new church today (well, new to me) but it's in a neighboring city and the state of our roads is still... sketchy. Better, but sketchy.

I escaped cabin fever Friday night with a "progressive wine night" in my neighborhood, and yesterday made it out for a lunch meeting. Tonight, we're getting another inch or so of snow... and Tuesday, another winter storm! Unbelievable.

I must say, this has been a really great "break" for me. I feel like the past six months have been a whirlwind of projects, long work hours and holidays. So to have a few days to catch up on life has made a huge difference. I enjoy spending time on my own, having quiet time to let my head and heart catch up with each other a bit.

And, when I get really, really busy- I sometimes worry that I'm doing too many things halfway.

But I'm learning life comes in waves. Sometimes there's a lot on our plate, sometimes very little. The grass is always greener- we always want to be busier, or less busy. So, I'm just embracing every day. Whatever is on my plate, I will tackle to the best of my ability.

Lately, I just feel so blessed that my "busy" schedule consists of things I love. Projects I love, people I love. Enjoy the "break" days and enjoy the "busy" days- because sometimes the grass is greener right where you are standing.

One final thing- Ashley from The Sweet Southern Life tagged me in a fun little blog post. Five things you can't leave the house without. So, here are my five:



Starbucks (duh!), my new Coach over-the-shoulder, my iPad (and iPhone-but I was using it to take this picture!), my philosophy "Very Cherry Christmas" lip gloss, and my Vera Bradly lunch bag for my breakfast, lunch & afternoon snacks. :)

Here's to hoping you take time today to appreciate the green grass in your life! (If it's not covered by ice and snow, that is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...