Thursday, May 6, 2010

"On Board... With Concerns"

I am reading a great book by Sheila Walsh about improving my prayer life.  The chapters don't contain earth-shattering messages in my own personal walk, but they are definitely refreshing reminders of God's desire for us to talk to him daily.

It's easy to forget that, huh?  In the hustle and bustle of every day life, it's so easy to get wrapped up in.... well, us.  Ourselves.

My biggest prayer lately has been to worry less, surrender more.  Let prayer take the place of worry.  Let go of the tight reigns I hold on my life.  Trust more.  Ease up on the impossible expectations I place upon myself.

And... the expectations I place on others.

In the world of twitter, facebook, linkedin... it's all about your "status."  Where are you?  What are you doing?  Who are you?  What are you eating?  

Are you going to the restroom?

Ok, that's too far, even for a self-proclaimed social media addict like me.

So, if I had to sum up my attitude in one status update, it would be.... 

"On board... with concerns."

My co-workers and I had a good laugh about it this morning.  We're working on a project with some (gulp) possible pitfalls and (gulp) a lot of long hours of work.

So, in an effort to apply my new prayerful, trusting attitude to work, as well, I proclaimed that I was "on board.... with concerns."

Really, isn't that life?  We wake up every day and commit to what's on our plate.  We're on board, even though we may have concerns about any number of things.

Maybe it's time to replace those "concerns" with faith.

On board... with faith.

I like the sound of that.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...