Thursday, May 27, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend Recipes

Last week, I promised to:

-post a birthday gift idea
-give a sneak peak to a BBQ shower I'm hosting tomorrow night
-throw out a few Memorial Day recipes
It's Thursday, and I've done none of that. Instead, I've posted my weird iphone photos, written poems, and just generally broke any promise I made.
It's not that I want to break my promise to you... it just happens.
Similar to when I realize it's Thursday and I haven't worked out all week, but instead watched Housewives of Anywhere every night.
Oh well- there's no time like the present! So, lets tackle those Memorial Day recipes, shall we?
First, let me say this:
Disclaimer #1: This blog has never been, isn't, and will never be a place where you will find original tried and true recipes from my own kitchen.
Disclaimer #2: The only exception is when I grow my own garden someday and make my own fresh salsa, which I consider a food group.
Disclaimer #3: That won't happen anytime in the near future.
Disclaimer #4: This is the final disclaimer.
Now that we got that out of the way, lets move onto the recipes. Consider me a train conductor, merely pointing you in the direction of goodness. I just have two to share, but I think they are definite goodies that should be tried out over the long weekend.
Recipe Item #1: Ice Cream Cupcakes
Recipe & Photo Courtesy of Joy The Baker


Wouldn't these be a perfect treat to end a long day on the lake?

Recipe Item #2: Apple Pie Granita

Recipe & Photo Courtesy of Joy The Baker

These make my heart very happy. If I do nothing else this weekend, I will try these. Maybe even add a splash of something alcoholic...


Share your Memorial Weekend must-have recipes!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...