Friday, April 2, 2010

A Good Friday

Happy Good Friday! I hope you had a chance to reflect on what this day means. Isn't it so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life? I feel like especially lately- it's so easy to become immersed in our troubles, even our triumphs, and forget what life is really all about.

I love that we celebrate Easter every year- a weekend to truly reflect on the greatest act of selflessness and sacrifice. The gift of eternal salvation we all received when Jesus stretched out his arms upon the cross. That is love I can't even comprehend.

How will you celebrate life eternal this weekend? I hope to be present in every moment, and live with thankfulness and hope, above all else. We're going to church tomorrow night- and I plan to sing and worship and pour my heart out before the Lord. We're grilling out for my sister's birthday, and heating up the hot tub. I am going to soak up every ounce of life this weekend, and bask in the knowledge that this good life I am so blessed to live is just part of the journey.

Wouldn't it be nice if we lived as though every day were Easter? Every day we were reminded of a beautiful sacrifice made, so that we can live in the light?

Here's to a weekend full of love, thankfulness, light, hope, and life.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...