Friday, June 29, 2012

Can't Wait

We made it to Friday!

Tomorrow morning- early- I had to East Texas to join my family at our lakehouse. I seriously can't wait. The lake puts on a great fireworks show- which happens tomorrow night- and of course we spend the weekend eating, drinking and out on the boat.

My mom also informed me (she's already at the lake, waiting) that she rearranged the furniture so it's more "game friendly."

Yes, that is how important games are to this family.

As for today, I'm enjoying a rare "rest morning."

Yesterday, I went to the YMCA to swim, and I took my work-out clothes with me so I could do some running, too. What a difference it makes, running on the "dreadmill" after running outside in this heat! It was awesome. And gave me a little boost of confidence about that sprint triathlon I accidently signed up for.

Although during the race, the pool will be a lake, and the dreadmill will be rocky, hot roadway.

Confidence!

Anyways, I'm a firm believer in rest days- for everything. Not just physically- in every way.

Just a chance to listen to music, have the TV drone on in the background- or embrace the silence- drink a cup (or two) of good coffee. It really does a body good.

So that's how I'm spending my morning hours. Refreshing, rejuvenating, celebrating the end of a week of hard work.

It's like a mini treat to myself.

How do you treat yourself during the week? What do your "off" days entail?

Next week- already looks long. Meetings and lunches nearly every day before work. Tri-training. And we're in the middle of "sweeps" at work- July ratings for TV.

But that's next week.

Today, tomorrow and Sunday- you won't find me at a meeting or at work- but instead with a cup of coffee drink in my hand and good people around me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...