Friday, December 30, 2011

Enjoying The Best Days (Resolution #4)

I feel like I'm living some of the best days right now.

It's not perfect- but life shouldn't be, I've decided. But these days... they're really, really good.

I feel like I'm on the cusp of change; professionally, personally. There are moments I'm living out now, things I'm planning in 2012 that I know are and will be once-in-a-lifetime, and for that... I'm so thankful, so blessed, so happy.

So I'm taking my time. Today, this perfect, beautiful day off, I'm slowly drinking my blueberry tea latte and reading blogs. I'm letting the temperature tick up just a few more notches before I take my beautiful new bike on it's inaugural ride around Tulsa.


I spent the past week spending time with family, catching up with old friends, making plans with new friends. Game nights, coffee dates, lunch breaks, drinks by the river and dinner with dear ones. What a good, good life.

So you can see why I'm in no hurry to speed through these resolutions of mine for 2012; it's hard to think about the future when life in the present is so sweet!

I have my resolutions in a certain order to blog about (surprised, anyone?) but for today, this pretty day with lots of thankfulness in the air, I'm skipping ahead a few resolutions.

Resolution #4: Have A "Me" Day As Often As Possible

That resolution seemed fitting today. Because it's the days you don't have to hurry, hurry, hurry that you have time to reflect on all of the wonderful, good things in life.



I want to do more of that in 2012. I want to remove myself from my "duties"- if just for a day- and spend a little time on the couch. A lot of time outside, running or biking. Have a mid-day mimosa with a friend or just spend some quiet time thanking God for all of it.

I am ending the year with waaaay too many un-used vacation days. That's OK; I wanted and needed to immerse myself in work in 2011. I was licking my wounds, so to speak, after a tough end to 2010. And it was a good thing; I learned a lot about myself in a work environment, grew into my roles in the office. I picked up a freelance project or two and I started the long, steady, uphill climb to making my professional dreams come true.

And in 2012, I want a day- every now and again- to re-center, to enjoy life, to enjoy the perks of working so hard.


With a struggling economy and a single income, it's hard at times to justify those days off. Work hard, and harder still, becomes the mantra.

So taking those days won't come easily to me; but I will do it nonetheless.

Because I'm living some of the best days right now- and I don't want to miss a second of it.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...