Thursday, May 26, 2011

Moving Forward

Happy Thursday, everyone! I'm happy to report that the storms passed us by, but unfortunately left destruction for our neighbors in Oklahoma City. Living in tornado alley is no fun this time of year. Saying lots of prayers lately for the victims of mother nature- in Oklahoma City and Joplin.


It's always hard to know how to react in hard times. Part of me wants to make a sharp left on I-44 when I see the Joplin sign and just go, see how I can help. This weekend, I plan to donate something to one of the many "Neighbors in Need" campaigns going on around Tulsa. I'm so glad we can pull together as a community and offer support to those who need it. It's small, but it's something.


In the meantime, life goes on as normal. Isn't that strange? Deadlines at work still have to be met; bridal showers take place. Everything continues.


And with stress on top of worry, sometimes you just need a little laughter in your day. Or in our case... choreography.


Here's a video that hopefully makes you laugh. Or at least makes you so annoyed with my bossiness (remember: oldest of four, here) that you'll briefly forget your troubles.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...