Saturday, June 4, 2011

A New Beginning

Ok, I know, I know... another long posting hiatus. But! I have a good reason. A cute, furry, cuddly reason:


Meet Maizy! She is so precious. She's five weeks old, can you believe it? I thought I was taking on a soft, sweet, fragile baby who was going to need a lot of nurturing.




She definitely needs a lot of nurturing- but she's not fragile! Maizy wants to explore, jump on the couch, jump off the couch (stressful for momma!) and eat, eat, eat. All good things, right?


Honestly, the hardest part of this whole deal hasn't been my newly sleepless nights or the energy of a new kitten.


It's been letting go of a piece of the past I was still holding onto. I have some deep fears and insecurities about this whole thing and I struggled with it a lot the past week. In fact, there were moments I wondered if I could even do this again. I considered finding her another home.


Because, the facts are... I work a lot. And I already had a kitten, a cat I loved so very much and lost in an unexpected way. It makes you wonder if you're up for the challenge again.


I'm still not sure if I'm ready. I am scared of her getting sick or hurt. I'm anxious at the thought of giving up a piece of my precious freedom. I'm worried about her being lonely when I'm working long hours.


So with a lot of faith- and some good, old-fashioned guts- I'm going to give it go. Because at the end of the day, I'm giving her a good home with a lot of love. She needs me. And maybe I don't know it yet- but I'll need her, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...