Sunday, November 21, 2010

Giving Thanks

Hello, friends and family! What a whirlwind week. I hate going several days without blogging, much less a week, because it's such a wonderful outlet for me. But I spent the past week focused very intently on another "outlet"- a variety show we put on right here in Tulsa. "Show and Tell With Peter Bedgood" had great turnout, and I am so incredibly proud of what we put together.

Nearly three months of working what seemed like two jobs, all paid off!

Now, I am so ready for a week of slowing down, of giving thanks. My family comes Wednesday to celebrate Thanksgiving in my new house, and I am so excited to fill this cozy home with the people I love most on this Earth.

The older I get- and maybe this year, more than ever- I appreciate Thanksgiving. A day to reflect on blessings. Technically, it should be Thanksgiving every day- (cue the cheesy music) but sometimes it takes a special day, a holiday, to put things in perspective, to remind you in the hustle and bustle of life what giving thanks really means.

I am so thankful right now, I could cry. 2010 has not been a good year for me on paper. And sometimes I look back at August, and I tear up, thinking of the girl who lived in an apartment and watched her life change faster than she wanted it to.

I can't even believe that girl was me.

So, this Thanksgiving, I am thankful- maybe more than ever.

I am thankful for a broken heart, because every day I feel stronger and more certain of what I want and need.

I am thankful for death of a sweet pet, because it made me remember that life is fragile, and worth living to the fullest.

I am thankful for family who surrounds me with love and laughter.

I am thankful for friends who stand up for me and give me support.

I am thankful for a job that lets me be me, every day.

I am thankful for a new house, that I will fill with memories for many years to come.

I am thankful for a Savior, who keeps me holding on... no matter what.

2010 has not been a good year on paper. But if I had to judge this year on lessons learned, on hope restored, on thanks to be given- this has been my best year yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...