Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Busy and Blessed

Where did this week go?! I have felt so overwhelmed and busy lately. But, I had a moment of clarity earlier today. Everything I'm sooo busy with right now... I love. I'm making time for the things and people I'm passionate about, and I couldn't be happier about that.

Work has been brutal lately- long hours, late nights. But I'm surrounded by some of my favorite people. People I can depend on in any situation. People who know me inside out. Who can tell by a look when I'm sad or happy, who know my insecurities, who could order my favorite meal (or drink!) on the spot. Who gets that lucky with their co-workers?

I have met some fabulous people through the variety show. By the way- get your ticket now! The show airs Thursday, November 18th and Friday, November 19th, so take your pick. :) Over the past month and a half, I have gone to new coffee houses and bars, brainstormed with some of the most artistic and creative people I've ever met, and really opened myself up to a new world. Every long meeting, I'm thankful for.

And this house- it takes a lot to own a house. Not just from a financial standpoint, but responsibility-wise as well. Whether it's the cable or the dryer, hanging things on the walls or watering the lawn, it all takes work. But I can tell it's making me grow up, too.

Coming out of a rough few months, I now feel like I'm growing more than ever. The people who have been by my side through the rough parts are still right there by my side. And new people are coming into my life, continuing to shape me. I'm so blessed by each person I'm getting to know for the first time, who reaffirm the girl I am and the girl I want to be. And I'm so blessed by the people who have known me for years, who continue to amaze me with their strength and support.

Life is good. New dreams are good. Could I finally be accepting change as a good thing? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...