Sunday, July 24, 2011

Shaping Up

I hope everyone is having a restful Sunday! I certainly am. A few errands, a nice rainfall outside- a much, much, MUCH needed rainfall. I'm sitting here at my kitchen table typing this, remembering not too long ago- February?- when I sat at this same table blogging about my Bailey's snow ice cream after a long morning of shoveling my driveway. That seems like ages ago! But before we know it... the heat will be a memory and we'll be shoveling snow again.

Nothing like a good snow reminder to make you live in the present!

Speaking of the present, lately it feels like my world revolves around exercise... work... and sleep. I have officially signed up for the Claremore F3 Sprint Triathlon (gulp) at the end of August! My mornings now consist of early runs and bike rides... and soon, my afternoons will consist of swimming. If I'm the LAST one to cross the finish line... so be it. At this rate, I will be happy to cross the finish line at all!

I have to admit, I'm sort of loving having just a few singular goals in life at the moment. I think we all go through different seasons- really busy, really slow, really social, really quiet. I'm appreciating this season of getting into shape- physically, yes. But also continuing to work on my spiritual life, my house. Hanging out with my kitten, spending low-key evenings with friends or alone. Shaping up in a lot of different areas of life.

I guess I'm just feeling especially content lately. After a year of ups and downs and lots of change- I'm appreciative of this season of comfort and ease and confidence I'm feeling in life.

"Getting healthy" happens in so many more ways than just running and biking.

On that note, I'll leave you with a video of my little fluff, Maizy, with her new mat! (Please excuse my baby voice...)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...