Saturday, January 23, 2010

Still.

Sometimes, at night, I just love the quiet.  I crave it.  I love to walk around my apartment and look at pictures I pass a million times a day- while brushing my teeth, or hurrying out the door to work.  I like to look at the way I've decorated my apartment, what it says about me- what it would say to a stranger.  I look at my grandpa's leather chair, and think about how I never knew, 10 years ago, it would end up here, in my apartment.  I feel proud- that I can sit here, and look at everything I've worked for and earned.  Memories and adventures and pieces of my heart- on the mantles, on the walls.  And I feel humbled- that I even deserve any of it.  I like the sound of the dishwasher humming, of my cat purring.  I like those mundane noises you're forced to hear when it's quiet.

And, it's not that I need the quiet to think deep thoughts, or solve life's mysterious.  This quiet is different; it's stillness, and peace.

Hmm.  Blessed, and so so happy.  Still.

Psalm 46:10  "Be still and know that I am God."  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...