Friday, January 15, 2010

Help For Haiti

I was going to post several times this week, but in light of the earthquake in Haiti- I just couldn't think of anything worth saying. All of my complaints and worries seemed petty; all of my laughs and silliness seemed out of place. I followed a story on twitter the past couple of days of a man who was doing missionary work in Haiti, and couldn't be found after the earthquake. Today, he was found- alive. I know miracles are happening- but I know there are still SO many problems. Destruction at the airport and along major roads is making transportation difficult; and all of the help we're sending their way is taking it's sweet time getting there, due to all of these problems.

I don't want this blog to be a platform for issues and causes. But, as a fellow human, I do ask that you consider what you can give to help. You can easily text 90999 with the message "Haiti" to the Red Cross; you can also text 501501 with the message "Yele" to support Wyclef Jean's foundation in Haiti. I did both today, and you get a message in reply, confirming that you want to donate. It's very easy- almost too easy. I hope that small amount makes a difference.

Thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...