Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Building Strong Girls

Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having a great week so far. My "work week" is actually just beginning, after a 3-day weekend.

Last night, I had the opportunity to visit a Gamma Phi Beta sorority chapter in Stillwater, and give a presentation about "Building Strong Girls."  I took the night off work, arrived in Stillwater early, had a nice dinner by myself, and then gave my presentation before heading back to Tulsa.

I just love having the chance to talk to people about the things I'm passionate about.

Sometimes, I feel like I know what I'm good at, what my passion and purpose is in life. And other times, I feel like I'm just figuring it out! There are a lot of things I'm passionate about, and I feel like God hasn't quite led me to that "ah-ha!" place yet. I feel like I'm still discovering the best way to mesh and meld all of my loves and interests and passions- into one or many purposes.

The thing I love about the "building strong girls" presentation I gave is that it means something different to everyone. Spiritual, mental, physical.

I'm still figuring out what "being a strong girl" means to me. I have a lot of inspiration; last night, I shared my ultimate "strong girl" with the sorority: my mom.

But, the best part of the presentation- and the message- is that even though we may have work to do when it comes to being the best strong girl we can be, we should embrace who we are right now, at this moment.

We all have so much to offer! Whether it's in a workplace, at home, among our friends and family, at church- or out in the world.

I wanted to share my thoughts about strong girls while it's fresh on my mind. :) Do something you love today!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...