Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Better Tomorrow

Happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a good start.

I know everyone is a little shaken up by what happened in Boston yesterday. Working in news, it's sort of surreal to cover events like that. For 10 or 12 hours, you're in "news" mode- trying to understand the facts, finding ways to tell the story. And then afterwards... the emotion of it all comes crashing in.

I've always believed that being a good producer means wearing your heart on your sleeve. Some- many- disagree, but the human spirit is always the best story at the end of the day, the one worth telling. And it's against every fiber in my being *not* to wear my heart on my sleeve. It's who I am. So I don't shy away from letting people be people and have their emotions.

But personally... I set aside some emotions in order to get the job done. So, the emotional "crash" afterwards is tough. The same thing happened after the Sandy Hook shooting.

The day *after* a terrible tragedy is always fascinating. It's the day true human goodness comes out. It's like covering a tornado the day after it hits; the sun is always shining.

So, I'm about to head into work and continue to piece together the events of yesterday. It will be sad and exhausting. And there will be good stories, too- ones of courage and heroism and survival.

I guess it's a reminder to take the good days with the bad, focus on a better tomorrow. And make every day count!

Here's a few shots of Boston- we were there just last month.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...