Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Have A Milkshake

Today was one of those days I constantly had to give myself a pep talk.

Think bigger.

Write better.

Push one more mile.

Do you ever have those days?

I spent a majority of my day wrestling with the words for a script- words that will be read out loud during a broadcast Friday night, my words, words that would come under scrutiny- and rightfully so. But you can understand the pressure, to say it right, to convey the right message.

Write better.

I came home from work and ran a mile- a tough mile- and felt ready to call it a day. My legs burned, my body was over it, and my head- and heart- just weren't in it.  After only one mile.

Run better.

But as I finished that first mile and passed my street- so easy to veer left, run home, be done with it- I kept going.

I didn't run the whole three miles- but some gear shifted in my head at that one mile point.

It's so easy to beat ourselves up about anything and everything! 

Sometimes, my writing is uninspired.

Sometimes, that second mile- or third- isn't going to come easily.

Sometimes, when the temperature is just right and winter is around the corner and the world smells like camfire and pumpkin spice latte- my heart might just hurt a tiny bit for what was, a long time ago.

It's easy to convince ourselves we have a lot of improving to do- whether it's matters of the brain, the body or the heart.

But then you push for that second mile- which turns out easier than you thought. You sit down to write a blog post, and your writer's block dissapates.

And you buy yourself a strawberry milkshake from Sonic- because, simply, you rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...