Thursday, June 30, 2011

July?!

Wow... where did June go?! I can't believe it's been nearly 2 weeks since my last blog post. I feel like everything has changed and nothing has changed! I'm sorry I've been "absent"...


My life has been consumed the past few weeks with work...

... adjusting to life with a new kitten...


... and squeezing in time with my favorites whenever possible!

The Fourth of July weekend is here- seriously, can we reflect for a minute how crazy-fast 2011 is flying by?!- and it makes me think a lot about where I was this time last year. July 2010 was the cusp of a lot of change for me.

In the last year, I have learned so much about accepting change- maybe not embracing it entirely, but accepting it. I've grown SO much. I've experienced loss, but gained so much more.

I've spent the last 10 years watching the fireworks show at the lake on the 4th of July. Some years I've been single; some years I've had someone to hold my hand through the show. The first few years I was young and blissfully naive; it was just a pretty show. As I got older, it was a moment to wish I was sharing with someone else. And in recent years, I did get to share it with someone else.

So much changes over the years- but no matter what, July 4th is a time to sit surrounded by my loved ones and watch the fireworks show. It's like New Year's Eve in a way; a celebration, a fresh start for a new year.

And this year as I sit and watch the fireworks on the roof of our boat house, surrounded by friends and family and SO many blessings- I will contemplate all of the things I have to celebrate now, July 2011.

(ONE more time- July?! July?! Halfway to Christmas?!)

I have lots of "stuff" to share in the coming weeks. I want to do a "halfway-through-2011" update on those 15 New Year's Resolutions of mine; I want to share my excitement for my upcoming trip to San Diego in August; I want to talk about the books I'm reading, music on my playlist, plans for a house anniversary/house warming party this fall.

... But I'm going to unplug for just a few more days... take a long weekend... and celebrate another year on the roof of the boathouse, watching the fireworks show.

Have a happy 4th!

1 comment:

  1. Happy July 4th Friend! Sounds like you are going to have a very wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...