Saturday, April 14, 2012

On Guard

Lazy Saturdays are amazing. Lazy Saturdays spent waiting for impending doom? A teeny bit unnerving... but still amazing.

We are expected to have a "catastrophic weather event" tonight, ripe with tornadic activity. In Oklahoma, these warnings should be taken seriously.

In Oklahoma, these warning should be taken with a grain of salt; in fact, the only way to handle Oklahoma weather in my opinion is with a lot of salt- along the edge of a cold margarita! The show is usually spectacular and full of drama; most of the time all you can do is sit back and hold on for the ride.

I spent most of my morning laying on the couch with my cat snuggled up next to me. Catching up with the DVR, indulging in not one but two cups of coffee. Bliss!

But now as the day wears on, and the storm warnings continue, and the final shreds of sunlight start to disappear, it's time to get into storm prep mode.

For me, that means lining up my "go-to" items next to my most interior guest room closet: tennis shoes, water, flashlight, Maizy's carrier. We're "storm ready," or as much as you can be.

It's good to be prepared. Guard your safety, guard your career, guard your heart. A storm is always somewhere out west; whether it will impact you or miss you entirely? That's the big question.

My house has withstood Oklahoma weather since 1946. It's battled a storm or two and today stands strong to tell the tale. Isn't that the best part of a storm? Standing strong at the end, no matter the battering and beating that may occur.

Better get back to storm prep mode! Or maybe I'll just shake up that margarita now...



1 comment:

  1. Good for you for being prepared! Hope once the "impending doom" phase passed you were at least able to enjoy a lightning show and a margarita!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...