Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lindsay Lately

Hello, happy followers! It's been- OVER a week?!- since I posted; an accidental blog hiatus. I've thought about writing many times- goodness knows there's plenty circulating in my head- but I just couldn't manage to sit down and do it.


What am I up to? Let's see... as usual, I've been working a lot. April Auctions are well underway, and we're broadcasting up to 16 hours a day! When I'm not in the studio, I'm "on-call", so to speak. In my free moments I'm scheduling meetings with potential sponsors and airers (word check?) for the variety show; and in my spare spare moments, I'm working on the True Blue pilot. (Remember the breakdown I did a while back on all of my projects?)


And that's just work! I manage to squeeze an inkling of a personal life in there, too.


It's all wonderful and good and a blessing. And keeps me VERY busy. :)


Speaking of blessings, I'm planning on spending this Palm Sunday with plenty of quiet time. I have yet to find a church home in Tulsa- something you'll remember is high on my New Year's resolutions list- and the search continues, but today I'm staying home, worshipping on my own.


I've been trying to embrace the quiet more and more this week. Yes, I know, the quiet moments are few and far between- but when I'm home, I either find myself out for a run or curled up with a book. No TV, no noise. Just enjoying the peace. And a glass of wine. :)


I feel like God is going a good thing here in my life these days. I'm mending relationships that drifted for one reason or another, making more time for the people I care about. I'm allowing myself to not feel guilty for rescheduling a freelance meeting because I'm tired or need some "me" time. And in turn, I'm really happy and content. I feel a nice balance in my life right now. For someone who is innately not selfish, it's one of the best things you can do for yourself- "selfishly" grab hold of an hour a day that is for you and you alone.


I have lots of.... things... swirling around in my head, so I likely won't go another week without posting again. If anyone is keeping track. :)


But just in case... a wonderful week- a blessed Easter week- to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...