Monday, April 25, 2011

A Few Words

Happy day-after-Easter! I hope everyone had such a wonderful weekend. I had a great time with my family in Plano. We grilled steaks, celebrated both of my brothers' birthdays, went to a great Easter Eve church service. There are few things I love more in life than filling a church pew with my family, watching my dad play guitar during the service.


I saw Water for Elephants with my mom & sister... what a movie.... and had coffee with my dad this morning at Starbucks before hitting the road. A great weekend, all in all.


I've been a little absent from the blog lately, and I'm not sure why. I could probably blame my busy work schedule, or being out of town. But I think it's the perfectionist in me that has too much to say- and so I don't say anything. It just seems easier that way- to let all of my thoughts marinate in my head, then slowly drift away while I run.


Running. That has been such an amazing release for me lately. I've been trying to get back to running for years now- and it feels so good to get to that point where going a day without running makes me itchy to put on my tennis shoes. Every time my chest starts to ache or my body wants to stop, I think.... you're strong enough. You've been through tougher stuff than this hill. You've run up steeper hills than this! And I keep going. And my stress eases, and my thoughts get in line. One thought at a time.


Thinking. My thoughts have been all over the place lately. I'm so happy with my life, my little world. There are still pieces of my past that make my heart ache... and I'm ok with that. It makes me who I am right now at this point in time. 27 year old Lindsay. I know everyone doesn't understand that, but that's ok. It doesn't mean I'm unhappy; it just means I know what being happy is all about.


Happiness. My house. My freshly cut yard. Being able to pay my bills and treat myself to a pedicure. My family. My girlfriends. Catching up with old friends. My faith.


Faith. I have so much of it, and so much more to gain. I'm trying out a new church this weekend. I'll keep you posted. :)


So that's me right now, in so many words.


Off to enjoy another Monday night... and see what the week holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...